Today I went to the Washington, DC, Green Festival, and got oodles of free shit. It was wonderful. I wore a very chic yellow t-shirt that I got for volunteering. Har har. In addition to food, they had, and I very enthusiastically sought out, organic skincare vendors. I connected with lots of great people from a variety of companies. I’m especially excited to try Neal’s Yard Remedies, a UK brand that’s a bit harder to come by in the US. I’ve read about it several times but haven’t had the opportunity to try. They pride themselves on being certified organic by the Soil Association, a five-year process. Pretty impressive!
This is what I have to try out (NYR stands for Neal’s Yard Remedies):
– NYR Rejuvenating Frankincense Refining Cleanser
– NYR Beauty Sleep Concentrate (this stuff looks amazing- contains peptides, which are great for plumping the skin, and the scent is essential oils that help you sleep)
– NYR Wild Rose Beauty Balm
– NYR Frankincense Intense (another plumping peptide serum)
– Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap
– Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Rose-plenishing Face Creme
– Shea Terra Organics Baobab Olive Tree Age-wise Face Creme
– Dr. Bronner’s Magic Shikakai Soap in Peppermint and Lemongrass/Lime (this is my go-to body wash; been using it for ages)
My heart’s all aflutter also because I just received my order from Spirit Beauty Lounge, the ultra luxurious online skincare vendor. They had a sale for Memorial Day, and I was very naughty and ordered something (more on that later…). They send three free samples with every order, so these are what I got from them:
– Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer
– Dr. Alkaitis Organic Soothing Gel (anti-breaking out serum)
– Dr. Alkaitis Organic Eye Creme
I’m not sure how far these samples will go, but if I like the products and feel that I’ve had enough product to give them a fair go, I might review them on here. In any case, I’m off. It’s going to be a very busy Saturday night indeed; (you see where my priorities are).